Connectify is a Windows application developed by Connectify that creates a software-only hotspot on a Wi-Fi enabled Windows PC. This allows the users to share files, printers, and internet connections between multiple PCs or other computing devices, and it also doesn’t require a separate physical access point or router.
The free Connectify “Lite” version of the application provides basic Wi-Fi Hotspot functionality. Still some things are limited; for example, the SSID name of a free hotspot will always start with “Connectify-“ only. On the other hand other paid “Pro” features include wireless repeater capability, more complete 3G/4G network sharing, automatic configuration features, firewall controls, and priority tech support.
Using Connectify stay connected and share anything, no matter where you are. Connectify enables users to easily create a secure wireless network and share any Internet connection with your dear one’s and mobile devices.
Create your own Hotspot with Connectify in troublesome Internet Connection places like;
- If you are at Airport and they are charging you for accessing internet, the best resort is to create your own personal Hotspot with Connectify and connect all your devices to the Internet at the same time.
- Keep Internet access in your backyard or basement in order to extend the range of your home router as Connectify hotspot can act as a repeater for your home router.
- Establish an Internet connection with your single Ethernet port at dorm room at school using Connectify, as via Connectify you can wirelessly share a single connection with your phone, tablet, and gaming system.
Vital Features of Connectify Pro Includes:
- Share Wi-Fi from 3G/4G Networks – Now Connectify Pro supports sharing Internet from 3G/4G cards in addition to a broad variety of other USB cards and dongles.
- “Scannify” Service Discovery – It will automatically scan your network for available shared folders or drives, web servers, and other remote services
- AutoInternet Selection – When set to “Automatic,” Connectify Pro intelligently selects which Internet connection to share and makes required configuration changes to your hotspot
- Fully Customizable SSID – Give name to your hotspot whatever you want! Connectify Lite requires your hotspot name to start with “Connectify-”
- Support for Windows XP and Vista – Ad-Hoc Mode only.
The application is really easy to use and allows you to create Wi-Fi hotspots in seconds. Download Connectify app now and share your internet connection wirelessly.
After installation of the app, just click on the Start hotspot button and wait for the app to initiate the request of creating a Wi-Fi hotspot. Then it will move to clients tab showing ‘waiting for first client to connect’.
Note: You can set or edit Wi-Fi hotspot settings by clicking on the app logo and selecting the settings option. More Windows Tips & Tricks!