The final release of Windows Live Essentials 2011 has introduced some new features. In previous beta builds, WLM only allows to fetch Status updates and friends activities from Facebook but now with final release you can also chat with your Facebook buddies too. Isn’t it cool?
To integrate Facebook chat in Windows Live Messenger 2011 you have to give certain permissions. To know how, follow these simple steps:
1. Sign in to WLM 2011 with your Windows Live Id. In messenger window click on Add button available at the right corner of the messenger window.
2. you’ll get two options there, Manage your services and connect more services. If you have previously connected Facebook with your Windows Live id then choose Manage your Service or if it’s your first time then select Connect more services.
3. Select Facebook from the list of services available there. A window will open to ask you which services of Facebook you want to connect with your Windows Live Id, mark check on‘Chat with my Facebook friends in Messenger’ and then click on blue button saying ‘Connect with Facebook’.
4. Now login to your Facebook account to update the permissions.
5. Click on Allow button to provide the requested permission of Accessing Facebook Chat.
6. Now all done and you’ll receive a message saying You’re Connected to Facebook and you’ll see all your Facebook friends online right inside WLM 2011.
‘Your Potential Our Passion’ – Microsoft!