You can install Ubuntu like any other application without providing it any dedicated separate hard disk partition in Windows 7. later if you don’t want it any more you can uninstall it from the Program and Features list. To install this Windows 7 Tips follow this simple tutorial:
Note: This tutorial applies to Windows 7, Vista and Windows XP.
- Boot your Windows PC, now insert the Ubuntu Live disc in to your CD/DVD Drive. In autoplay options you’ll prompted to run Wubi.exe, start that application.
- Now you’ll see the Ubuntu Menu window, select the second option ‘Install inside Windows’ from the list of options.
- Then select the installation profile, select the partition which have at least 5GB of disk space, select installation type, give username & password and then click Install.
- Now wait while Ubuntu installs, give a reboot to your system and then you will see the option to boot in to Ubuntu or windows.
- You can uninstall Ubuntu any time you want, direct from the Windows 7 Control Panel, go to Program and Features and uninstall it.