Windows Phone 7 with its advanced features allows its users to open and view Microsoft PowerPoint presentations, make slight changes, and add notes if you want right on your phone. Windows Phone 7 comes with built-in Microsoft PowerPoint, using which you can also watch a presentation that’s broadcast online. To start off, you just need to go the Office Hub and follow the given mentioned steps.
To open an existing PowerPoint presentation
- Tap Office (by flicking left to the App list on Start).
- Follow one of them:
- Flick to Documents, and tap the presentation.
- Flick to Documents, and tap Search. Start typing the presentation name In the Search box, and then tap the presentation when it appears.
- Flick to Locations, tap the location where you’re storing the presentation, and then tap the presentation. The location where you are saving your presentation can be on your phone, Windows Live SkyDrive, Microsoft Office 365, or a Microsoft SharePoint site.
To navigate through slides in the presentation
- In a PowerPoint Presentation, do one of the following:
- To go to the next slide flick left or to go to the previous one flick right.
- If you want to go to a specific slide, tap a slide, and tap Outline and then Tap the name of the desired slide. To hide the outline Tap the slide.
- In a slide to zoom in or out on the text, you can either stretch your fingers apart on the screen or can pinch together.
To edit text in a slide
- In the open presentation, tap the slide that you want to edit.
- After tapping the slide, tap Edit to begin editing the slide.
- In order to select the text that you want to edit, you are required to tap the text or tap Next till the complete text is selected that you want to edit.
- Tap the selected text box or tap Edit, type the new or reviewed text, and then tap Done.
To add a note to a presentation
- In an opened presentation, tap the slide in which you want to add a note, and then tap Notes.
- Enter your note, and then tap Done.
- If you want to view a note in a slide, tap a slide containing notes, and then tap Notes.
- If you want to edit an existing note, tap the already opened note, edit in note and then tap Done.
To save a presentation
- To save a presentation, tap a slide, tap more > Save.
- To save your presentation with a new name, tap More > Save as….
- In the File name box type a new file name, and then tap Save to list >SkyDrive or Phone > Save.
To watch a broadcast presentation on your phone
Windows Phone 7 also allows you to watch presentation that got broadcast over the Internet on your phone. This also enables you to attend meetings even when you are away or on the go.
- On Start, flick left to the App list, and then tap your email account name.
- Tap the email message that has the link to the broadcast presentation.
- To start watching the broadcast presentation, tap the link.
To open and view a custom show
Windows Phone 7 feature Microsoft PowerPoint 2010 also enables you to create custom shows, which let you use one presentation for different audiences and only show the slides that you want. Then you can also view the custom shows on your phone as well.
- On Start, flick left to the App list, and then tap Office .
- Flick to Locations, and then tap the location that the PowerPoint presentation is in, and then locate and tap the presentation that has a custom show.
- Tap a slide, tap More > Custom show, and then tap the custom show that you want to view.
To send a presentation in email
- On Start, flick left to the App list, and then tap Office.
- Flick to Documents, tap the presentation that you want to in email as attachment >More > Share.
- Tap an email account name.
- Add the recipient and any other required information to your email, and then tap Send.