This post is all about answering one question, how to make all your favorite stuff just a tap away on your phone? No multiple taps, going from apps or scrolling behind apps. Yes, if you are a Windows Phone user you can access your favorite stuff with just a single tap on Start Screen.
Windows Phone allows you to pin anything like apps, songs, map locations, favorite websites, OneNote notes, contacts, and a lot more on Start Screen. Now, I am going to tell you how you can pin your stuff to Start Screen of your Windows Phone.
How to pin a Contact or Group
- Tap the People Hub tile, and then Flick All.
- Then tap and keep hold on the contact or group that you want to Pin, then tap pin to start.
How to pin an app
- On Start, flick left to the App list.
- Tap and hold the app you want to pin, then tap Pin to Start.
How to pin a game
- Go to app list and tap Games.
- Tap and hold the game that you want to pin to Start, and then tap Pin to Start.
How to pin a website
- Open the website you want to pin to Start.
- Tap More and then tap Pin to Start.
How to pin a map location
1. Go to the App list and then tap Maps.
2. You can do any of the following steps to pin a map to Start.
- Type the location you are looking for, tap the flag that identifies the location. And then finally tap Pin.
- Another option is to Tap More, tap Favorite places, tap a location you’ve stored to your favorites, and then tap Pin.
How to pin an album, playlist, artist, song, or genre
- Tap the Music+Videos tile on Start.
- In Zune, tap Music and flick to the list of Artists, Albums, Songs, Playlists, or Genres.
- Tap and hold the artist, album, song, playlist, or genre, that you want to pin to Start and then tap Pin to Start.
How to pin your Favorites photo album
- On Start, tap Pictures tile.
- Next, Flick to Favorites, then tap See all.
- Tap More, then tap Pin to Start.
How to pin an Office document or document location
- On Start, flick left to the App list, then tap Office.
- Move to Documents or Locations.
- Tap and hold a document or location you want to pin, and then tap Pin to Start.
How to pin a OneNote note
2. Two options are available you can follow the one that is suitable for you.
- Tap and hold the note you want to pin, and then tap Pin to Start.
- Tap Notebooks , browse to the page you want to pin, then tap Pin .
3. Tap More , then tap Pin new to Start. Start will now include a new, blank note.
How to pin a folder from an email inbox
- Open the account in which your desired folder to be pinned is kept.
- Tap More -> Folders.
- Tap Show all folders, tap and hold a folder, and then tap Pin to Start.