Many gadget lovers and phone users wants to enjoy the Windows Phone 7 metro UI, but due to the official unavailability of WP7 devices in India they can’t. As there are many people who have Apple ‘i’ series products with. So, here’s a special tutorial that will guide you to port Windows Phone 7 UI on your iPhone 4/iPod Touch 4G.
Note: This is Retinoid Theme, non-retina display supported devices (iPhone 3G / 3GS, iPod Touch 2G / 3G) won’t support this theme.
You will need the following tools and utilities:
- Jailbreaked iPhone/iPod Touch
- OpenSSH (Cydia Tweak) – Get it from Cydia
- iFunBox – Get it from here.
- Winterboard (Cydia Application) – Get it from Cydia
- Iconoclasm (Cydia Application) – Get it from Cydia
- Infiniboard (Cydia Tweak) – Get it from Cydia
- Windows Phone 7 HD Theme by *Li-ion* – Get it from here: http://bit.ly/dXUijY
Once all the tools and utilities will be ready. we are now ready to start the process:
1. Download the Windows Phone 7 HD theme from Modmyi.com [Note: There are two downloads i.e. the original theme and an Add-on to it, download both the files]and extract the RAR archive File and place both of them in the same folder.
- Make sure you have “OpenSSH” installed on your device, if not “Go to Cydia > Search > Type “OpenSSH” and install it.
- You must have “Winterb0ard” installed on your device, if not “Go to Cydia > Search > Type “Winterb0ard” and install it.
- You must have “Iconoclasm” installed on your device, if not “Go to Cydia > Search > Type “Iconoclasm” and install it.
- Also you must have “Infiniboard” installed on your device, if not “Go to Cydia > Search > Type “Infiniboard” and install it.
2. Now install iFunBox which you have downloaded. Now, connect your iPhone 4/iPod to your PC using 30 pin Dock connector and run “iFunBox” application.
- Now, navigate to: Raw File System on the left.
- Then go to: Library\Themes
- Drag n drop the downloaded Theme Folders (The Windows Phone Experience & Windows Phone 7 Add-On 1) into the Themes folder on the Device. (It will copy the theme by itself)
- Now, in iFunBox, Navigate to: Raw File System on the left.
- Then go to: Library\Iconoclasm\Layouts and drag and drop the “Iconoclasm layout for Windows Phone.plist” & “._Iconoclasm layout for Windows Phone.plist” files from “The Windows Phone Experience” folder (Which you have downloaded)
- Disconnect the Device from PC.
3. Now from iPhone/iPod: Go to Settings > Winterb0ard > Select Themes > Then Select Windows Phone 7 Add-On & Windows Phone 7 Series
- Return Back to Winterboard and Select Respring
- The Theme will LOAD but will be messed up Like this,
- Now Go to Settings > Iconoclasm > Layout > Then Select “Iconoclasm layout for Windows Phone”
- Return Back to Iconoclasm and Select Enable Iconoclasm “On”
- Now Go to Settings > Infiniboard > The select Vertical Scrolling “On”
- Still icons will be messed up, now in order to get the icons in order arrange the icons accordingly such that,
- Game Center
Yes, you are now done – the final screen will be look like this:
Thanks to our reader Varad Choudhari for writing this tutorial for us.