Windows 7 is the most widely used operating system and offers the most advanced features to its users. One such unique feature that Windows 7 offer is to Sync files and folders using Briefcase.
To keep files in sync between two different computers, you can use briefcase, even if the computers are not on the same network. Using removable media you can copy files from one computer to another, if the computers are not on the same network. You can work on those copied files using the other computer, and then use briefcase to sync the changes back to the original computer.
If you want to learn “How to Sync Files and Folders Using Briefcase in Windows 7” then you can follow the below discussed steps to easily get friendly with this feature.
To prepare Briefcase to Sync:
- To create a new Briefcase, open the folder where you want to create it.
- On an empty area in the folder window Right-Click, go to New, and then click Briefcase.
- Immediately a new Briefcase will appear on the window. Now, name the Briefcase by typing its name, and then copy the desired files you want to sync into the Briefcase.
Note : Briefcase can also be created on your desktop by right-clicking anywhere on the empty area on the desktop, pointing to new and then clicking Briefcase
To Sync using Briefcase over a network connection
- On the second computer over the network, copy the Briefcase.
- If you want to make any changes in the files, make it on any of the computer.
- Once you get finish making changes to the files and want to sync those changes, right-click on the Briefcase, and then click Update All.
To Sync using Briefcase with removable media
- On any type of the removable media copy the Briefcase.
- Remove the removable media from the first computer and connect it into the second computer.
- On the removable media itself, make any changes that you want to do in the files stored in the Briefcase.
- Do not copy the Briefcase from the removable media onto the second computer.
- Now to sync the changes that you made in the second computer with the first computer, remove the removable media from the second computer and connect it into the first computer.
- Open the removable media folder, from the first computer, then right-click the Briefcase, and then click Update All to sync the changes that you have made on the second computer.
Note: Whenever you use Briefcase using removable media, you can never sync files in the Briefcase with the second computer. Using the second computer you can only have the ability to work on these files and then sync those changes with the first computer.
- To know more about Windows 7 you can view our Windows 7 Section.
- You can also subscribe to our Newsletter for more updates or can like us on Facebook.