Have you gone frustrated while talking to Tech support and giving them step by step description of your problem and they were still not able to identify it correctly? You smashes your head several time on your table, banged the keyboard several times and so as your tech support assistance provider?
Well, we have a solution for this! If you are using Windows 7 then you won’t face this situation in your life again, Getting assistance is not ever easy as it is now. With Problem Steps Recorder, bundle your problem and send it directly to the tech guy and he’ll kick off the problem easily.
Problem Steps Recorder automatically capture the steps you take on a computer, including a text description of where you clicked and a picture of the screen during each click (called a screen shot). Once you capture these steps, you can save them to a file that can be used by a support professional or someone else helping you with a computer problem.
Note: When you record steps on your computer, anything you type will not be recorded. If what you type is an important part of recreating the problem you’re trying to solve, use the comment feature described below to highlight where the problem is occurring.
Some programs, like a full-screen game, might not be captured accurately or might not provide useful details to a support professional.
To use Problem Steps Recorder in Windows 7
To record and save steps on your computer
1. Go to Control Panel, search for Problem Steps Recorder.
2. Click on Record steps to reduce a problem to start it.
3. Click Start Record. On your computer, go through the steps on your computer to reproduce the problem. You can pause the recording at any time, and then resume it later.
4. Click Stop Record when you are done.
5. In the Save as dialog box, type a name for the file, and then click Save (the file is saved with the .zip file name extension).
To view the record of the steps you recorded, open the .zip file you just saved, and then double-click the file. The document will open in your browser. (Check the sample screenshot of document taken by me.)
To send the problem steps in e‑mail
- After recording and saving a .zip file, click the help down arrow , and then click Send to E‑mail recipient. This will open an e‑mail message in your default e‑mail program with the last recorded file attached to it.
Note: You won’t be able to click the Send to e‑mail recipient option until you’ve recorded and saved a file.
To annotate problem steps
- Open Problem Steps Recorder.
- Click Start Record.
- When you want to add a comment, click Add Comment.
- Use your mouse to highlight the part of the screen that you want to comment on, type your text in the Highlight Problem and Comment box, and then click OK.
- Click Stop Record.
- In the Save as dialog box, type a name for the file, and then click Save.