Since when Windows 8 Consumer Preview has been made available to download and test by Microsoft, people are saying that Windows 8 is basically for touch centric devices and some of it’s features and functions can be performed only on devices which are enabled with a touch screen. But its just a myth, as most of them don’t know how to perform those actions using mouse and keyboard.
In this article I will show you how to perform touch features of Windows 8 with your normal Mouse and Keyboard.
Just a simple touch-click with Mouse
- From start screen to the apps page, scroll your mouse freely from bottom bar towards right and get all the apps section.
- Reach the right most corner and make the sections appear altogether in small icon size.
- Select the section to be operated with a single touch-click and get into work.
Exploring the Corners
- Move the cursor to rightmost part of the home screen to see the background apps running.
- Click the lower left corner for start screen.
- Want to search for recent apps?? Give a click to the upper left corner and there you are!!
- Scroll down to see all the recent apps.
Keyboard with touch sense
Tired of the basic search option showing all the same name files and folders together? Here is your time to separate them all. Just type to search and get all the classes related to the name under different classes. For Instance, Let us search “word”, Soon we would be able to see the apps, files, settings, stored data, Music, Mail, Bing Maps material and everything else under different groups.
Wonder if you could add your favorite features to taskbar?
The answer with Windows 8 is YES!!
Right click the feature you want and get the option below to add it to the taskbar. Just like here we added MS PowerPoint.
And most of the all, the features with desktop are present even while you are working with any feature.
- Reach the top left corner to see the apps
- Visit the bottom left corner for start screen
- Go to the top right corner for tiles.
All at once!!
Now these give to users, a not-too-low chance to upgrade their OS to Windows 8. Well, just a small glimpse of what windows 8 has in stores for all. The never ending possibilities have still got many more to be added ahead meeting our expectations and demands.