If you are looking out for a detailed guide on how to fix Windows activation error 0xc004c008, then you in the right place as we will be providing all the required information on how to resolve Windows activation error 0xc004c008 in this article.
What is Windows Activation Error 0xc004c008?
The Windows activation error 0xc004c008 is commonly seen on Windows 7 and above versions. The error occurs while trying to activate a Windows product key either during the installation of Windows or later after finishing the installation.
There are many possible reasons as of why you are getting the Windows activation error 0xc004c008 on while trying to activate your copy of Windows. Below are some of the most common reasons:
- If the Windows product key you are trying to use is already being used on some other system.
- If some component of your computer is changed (like motherboard, CPU, etc.) and Windows registers the computer as a brand-new system.
- If there are some bugs which prevent your Windows activation key from being registered.
How to Fix Windows Activation Error 0xc004c008?
Now that you know why the Windows activation error 0xc004c008 occurs, below are some of the best solutions for the error.
Solution 1: Buy a new Windows Activation Key
If you are trying to use a Windows activation key that is already being used on another system or if you have exceeded the number of systems that can run the same product key, then you will have to purchase a new Windows activation key in order to activate the copy of Windows running on your system.
Below is how you can purchase a new Windows activation key officially:
- Visit the official Microsoft Windows purchase website by clicking here.
- Pick the Windows 10 version of your choice and then click on the “Shop Now” button.
- In the next page, click on the “Add to Cart” button.
- Now, in the final payment review page, click on “Review and Checkout” button.
- To proceed with the payment, log in using your Microsoft account.
- You will now have to choose your preferred payment mode and make the payment.
- Once the payment is done, the Windows activation key will be emailed to your registered email address and you can then download the Windows 10 installer corresponding to the version you chose in Step 2.
And that is it. You have now successfully purchased a new Windows activation key.
Solution 2: Try Windows Activation using Phone
You can activate your Windows version by using your registered phone number and below are the steps to follow in order to perform phone activation of Windows.
- Press the “R” key + Windows key to launch the “Run” window.
- Within the Run window, type the command “SLUI 4” (without quotes) and press Enter.
- The Phone Activation for Windows window will now appear.
- Follow the on-screen procedures to activate Windows using the registered mobile number.
Solution 3: Launch Windows Activation Troubleshooter
The Windows activation troubleshooter can fix any issues with the activation manager and below is how you can run the Windows activation troubleshooter.
- Press the “I” key and the Windows key.
- In the “Settings” window, click on “Update and Security”.
- Switch to the “Activation” tab.
- Click on the button that says “Troubleshoot”.
The Windows activation troubleshooter will now run and fix any errors or bugs with the Windows activation manager.
We have listed the best ways to fix Windows activation error 0xc004c008 in the above article. However, if the above methods are not helping you in fixing the Windows activation error 0xc004c008, then do not panic.
Just leave a comment below with more details on the exact issue that you are facing and we will try to help you out with a working solution.