Windows 10 app development is something that most developers are very much interested in.
Many people are interested to register as a Windows app developer mainly because the Windows 10 version is the latest and most advanced operating system from Microsoft till date and opens up a lot of app development opportunities to developers.
If you are interested in developing apps for Windows OS, then you need to first register as a Windows app developer.
In today’s article, we will provide you with all the vital information you need to know in order to register as a Windows app developer and we will also be guiding you through the procedures to register as a Windows app developer.
What Are the Different Microsoft App Developer Account Types?
There are two different account types offered by Microsoft to app developers: Individual and Company.
The Individual account is for individual developers and students to learn to design apps for the Windows ecosystem, list the apps within the Windows Store and get paid for the application (if the app is a paid application or has in-app purchases).
Individual developer accounts for Microsoft Windows have shorter verification process and comes with a one-time fee of $19.
The Company account, as the name suggests, is for companies who wish to list applications within the Windows Store using their company name.
In order to have a company developer account, it is necessary that your company is a recognized entity in any of the country supported by Microsoft developer program.
Company developer accounts undergo a stricter verification process to ensure that no privacy issues arise and company account developers can also submit applications to the Windows Store with functionalities that are restricted.
A company developer account of Windows comes with a one-time fee of $99.
How to Register as a Windows App Developer?
Follow the steps below to register yourself as a Windows app developer.
- Visit the official Microsoft Partner Center web page where you can register as a Windows app developer by clicking here.
- When the Microsoft Partner Center web page loads completely, you will first have to log in to your Microsoft account (Make sure you have one).
- After signing in to your Microsoft account, you need to enter some personal and regional information about yourself.
- You will also have to select the type of developer account you wish to have (more about Microsoft developer account type mentioned in above section).
- After selecting the Microsoft developer account type and entering your personal details, click on the “Next” button.
- Now you will have to enter the payment information depending on the payment mode that you chose. Do note that even though paying via PayPal is supported, it is only possible in locations where PayPal is operational and supported.
- After entering the payment details, click on the “Next” button.
- Now review all the details of your Microsoft Windows developer account and proceed with the payment.
After you are done with the signup and payment, your account will undergo a verification process.
Once your developer account is verified and signaled green, then you can go ahead and release your app within the Windows app store.
We believe that the article above featured sufficient information on how to register as a Windows app developer.
However, in case you still have any doubts after reading the article, then do connect with us and we will try our best to help you out.