Netflix is one of the best sources for movies and exclusive shows, you can stream or download or rent movies. Netflix also started to produce its own shows and making them a big hit. Now Netflix is everywhere; on the internet (as a website), on a smartphone, on computers and even on every smart television. The Netflix app is available on every smart device by now, Microsoft Windows also got a Netflix Metro app on the Windows Store.
You can also do everything on the Windows version of Netflix app which also includes downloading them for later. But the biggest problem is that the downloaded content always saves to the default drive of Windows 10 which is C drive is most fo the cases. And if you own a Windows tablet then running low on storage might be the biggest problem for you.
To resolve this problem, the only solution is to delete the downloaded content from your PC and make space for other content and apps. Here are some methods which will help you to delete the content so you can save more content on your tablet or laptop or PC.
Download specific movies and shows
I know how much it means to keep your favorite shows on your PC or tablet so you can watch them over and over. But you got to leave the old one behind and move forward to watch something new. So to delete any specific movie or show you need to follow these steps.
- Launch the Netflix app from the Start menu.
- Click or tap the menu button on the top left and select My downloads. You will see a screen with all the downloaded shows and movies.
- Now click the pencil icon on the top right corner and select the content you want to delete.
- Once selected (check it twice), click the trash bin icon on the top right to delete the selected content.
Delete all movies or TV shows at once
If you are done with the old downloaded content then you might be looking forward to downloading new shows and movies. SO you might be wanted to get rid of all the content you have downloaded and want to start fresh, follow the steps.
- Launch the Netflix app from Start menu.
- Click the menu button and select Settings to open the settings page.
- When in the settings menu, under the Downloads section you will see Delete All Downloads option.
- Just select the Delete all Download option and all the downloaded content will be removed in minutes.
Delete them from the File Explorer
If you uninstalled the Netflix app from the PC then it might be possible that all your downloaded content is still int he PC and taking up space. To delete all that left content, follow these steps below.
- Open the File Explorer and replace the path on file explorer with the following location.
- “C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local\Packages\4DF9E0F8.Netflix_mcm4njqhnhss8\LocalState\offlineInfo\downloads”, change the user name to your user account name in PC.
- Now, delete all the contents of that folder.
There, you have deleted all the content you have downloaded. Now download more content and get ready to binge watch them all.
These were the only possible ways you can get rid of the downloaded content from Netflix. You must check twice which content you want to delete when deleting specific content cause once deleted, there will be a lesser chance to get it back. For any queries, contact us in the comment section and stay tuned to Windows Lifestyle to stay updated with simple but useful guides.