If you want to find the password of a WIFI network that your Windows 10 powered PC was previously connected to, then today we bring you a detailed tutorial following which you will be able to find saved WIFI passwords on Windows 10 PC.
How to find Saved WIFI Passwords on Windows 10?
So, if you want to know the password of the previously connected WIFI networks on your Windows 10 PC, then below are two different methods that will help you find saved WIFI passwords on Windows 10 easily.
In this method, you will be able to find the password of the secured WIFI network that your Windows 10 PC is currently connected to.
- First of all, find the WIFI icon that is placed in the right bottom corner of your Windows 10 desktop, in the Windows System Tray.
- Hover your mouse over the WIFI icon and press the Right Mouse Button.
- From the options that appear, click on the “Open Network and Sharing Center” option.
- A new window will now appear. Under the “View your active networks” section in the newly opened Window, you will be able to see the name of the WIFI network that your Windows 10 PC is currently connected to (as shown in the below image).
- Click on the WIFI network name. This will open the “WIFI Status” window.
- Within the WIFI Status window, click on the “Wireless Properties” option.
- A new window will appear, and there will be two tabs mentioned on top of this new Window: “Connection” and “Security”.
- Switch to the “Security” tab.
- You will now be able to see the WIFI passwords in the hidden form under the “Network Security Key” field.
- Now, tick the “Show Characters” option.
- This will make the hidden password characters in the Network Security Key field visible and now the password of the currently connected WIFI network is visible to you.
Below is how you can know the WIFI password in Windows 10 of WIFI networks that you are not actively connected to.
- Launch the Command Prompt window by pressing the X key + C key + Windows key on your keyboard.
- Type in the following command in the cmd window: “netsh wlan show profiles” and press Enter.
- This will show the network names of all the WIFI network “User Profiles” your Windows 10 PC was connected to in the past. From the list, pick the WIFI network user profile name whose password you wish to know.
- Now type in following command in the cmd window: “netsh wlan show profile name=*** key=clear“.
- In the above command, replace the “***” characters with the WIFI network name whose password you wish to know and press Enter.
- From the results that appear, the password of the WIFI network will be displayed under “Security Settings” with the title “Key Content” (as shown in above image).
The above article featured two techniques to find saved WIFI passwords on Windows 10 PC. I hope you found both these techniques easy to understand and follow. If you have any doubts regarding the tutorial above, please leave your questions as comments and we will sort them out for you.