There are lots of customizing tools on the internet for Microsoft Windows, but one thing which every Windows user wants is using a video wallpaper. It looks so cool, but there were not enough options to use a video as wallpaper until now. There is new software on Steam that lets you create wallpapers using your own videos.
This is a paid software on Steam, but if you are broke, then there is also a free way to do that. Here we are going to talk about both the free and the easiest way so you can choose the one which suits you the best.
Method 1: Free, using VLC
This method is free but it is a bit tricky and you have to start the wallpaper after every login manually. The VLC player keeps on running in the background and takes up the same amount of memory as it takes while playing videos. Your PC needs to be preinstalled with the latest version of DirectX to set videos as wallpaper using the VLC player.
- Download and install the VLC player from here if you haven’t installed it before.
- Launch the VLC player from the Start menu and click Tools > Preferences.
- Select the Video tab and change the Output to “DirectX video output,” save the settings.
- Now play the video you want to set as wallpaper using the VLC player, right-click on the video, and select DirectX wallpaper.
Your video will appear on the desktop as wallpaper, just minimize the player (do not close or it will stop the wallpaper) and enjoy the video wallpaper.
Methos 2: Wallpaper Engine (Rs. 229)
If you spend lots of money on Steam buying games and videos, then you are in luck because a developer puts a software called Wallpaper Engine on Steam. This software can add beautiful wallpapers to your desktop some of them are also tweakable and interactable. You can unveil your creativity and create more wallpapers using the workshop, also can list them on Steam.
- Download and install the Steam store on your PC by going to steam and download the installer.
- Once installed, log in to steam or create a new account.
- Go to the Wallpaper Engine Steam page here and click the Open in Steam button.
- When Steam launches, buy and install the Wallpaper engine on your PC.
- When you launch it for the first time, you will be presented with lots of preinstalled wallpapers.
- You can install more from Steam as well.
You can also set the wallpaper to begin every time you log into Windows. In that way, you don’t have to launch it again and again.
These were the only ways to set videos as wallpaper, well there are lots of premium software that lets you do the same, but they might come with malware to hurt your PC. To know more about this guide or want to find out more fun guides like these then stay tuned to Windows Lifestyle.